Human Concerns/Social Justice
Our mission is to provide assistance and care for the needs of
our more vulnerable citizens in the surrounding community; realizing that we are part of a larger community, to extend those efforts internationally so that in our own small way we can bring hope to those in need both locally and globally; to identify current peace and social justice issues; and to publicize, educate and advocate for just public policies.
Our meetings take place the fourth Monday of the month at 7 p.m.
We care for the needs of our more vulnerable citizens through existing organizations:
- Winter Hat/Hygiene Collection - Donations of winter hats, mittens, gloves, scarves and personal/travel size hygiene items are collected for The Center, a support system for people with HIV/AIDS.
- Birthright Baby Shower - Birthright is an organization that supports pregnant women/young mothers who keep their babies. Birthright provides shelter, food, clothing and other necessities for babies through the first year of life.
- Dinner for The Center - A complete Sunday dinner is provided for the clients and residents of The Center in the month of August..
- School Supply Collection - School supplies are collected for needy area students.
- Thanksgiving Food Collection/Distribution - A Thanksgiving Food Drive provides food baskets for those in need.
- Giving Tree - Christmas trees are set up in both foyers laden with tags denoting specific gifts for specific individuals. The Giving Tree Gifts benefit children and adults from various organizations and charities in the local area.
- And Throughout the Year:
- Sales of Equal Exchange Coffee at Coffee and Donut weekend and at other Saint Anselm activities (third weekend, monthly)
- Informational inserts in the Parish Bulletin about human concerns/social justice issues