We hold the following to be our mission at St Anselm Parish: to give the community an opportunity to be more aware of God in their daily lives, to give the community quiet space and time to experience God, to give the community an occasion for thoughts, feelings, and insights that might not previously have been connected or directed to God and to give the community opportunities to learn and experience other forms of spirituality.
Our responsibilities include gathering and planning opportunities to experience the Spirit in our lives through various media, fostering a prayerful attitude at gatherings and respectfully listening to one another, nurturing an environment through which our community may deepen their relationship with God and one another and providing the Spiritual Thought for our weekly bulletins for parishioners to pray with throughout the week.
Specifically, we help in the following capacities:
- Remembrance Book: Create and maintain this book, to remember loved ones and for special intentions
- Speakers: We host a variety of speakers throughout the year on different topics.
- Film Series: We facilitate several film viewings and discussion groups, and provide/set up refreshments.
- Retreat: We help organize, set up and provide hospitality for this weekend which usually includes a Taize prayer service, a speaker, several insightful discussion groups and Spiritual Direction sessions.
- Companions on the Journey: We coordinate these small faith-sharing groups that meet during the Advent and Lenten seasons once a week for about five weeks. They share the readings for that Sunday and discuss life through a Biblical lens. This deepens our own understanding of the Word of God while promoting community within the parish.
- Holistic Day: Held every quarter, this event provides the opportunity to nurture the body, mind and spirit.
- Stations of the Cross: Held during Lent, we gather in the Chapel after Friday morning masses and Friday evenings to recite the Stations. We offer hospitality and facilitate the service.
- Book Club: Several times a year, we host discussion groups for various books. We provide refreshments and companionship as we share ideas that help us delve into a deeper, more spiritual meaning of the book.
- Bulletin’s Spiritual Thought: We provide spiritual quotes to be placed in our weekly church bulletins for parishioners to pray with throughout the week.
- Prayer Service for the Parish Council Meetings: We lead an Evening Prayer service before the monthly meetings of the Parish Pastoral Council and any other groups meeting at the Parish that night. We want to join in praying the Liturgy of the Hours with the Church.
- Bereavement Group: This is a separate group of trained counselors and ministers that reaches out to support those in mourning the loss of loved ones.
- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OR ALL OF THESE ACTIVITIES, PLEASE SEE FATHER GENE OR SANDY MULLARKEY.
We are always excited to have suggestions for the Spiritual Life Committee. We meet the on the fourth Monday of every month at 7 p.m.
If you are interested in participating in one or more of these activities, please contact the committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.