The Liturgical Environment team is responsible for maintaining the church and chapel altars for weekday and weekend Masses and decorating for liturgical holidays. In some churches, this ministry is called the "altar society".
Our goal is to create a beautiful, welcoming, and peaceful worship environment for all parishioners and visitors.
Serving on this ministry takes about one hour every five or six weeks. No prior experience is necessary, and one-on-one training is provided along with a checklist of duties and reference material.
- Preparing altar cloths and placing on them on the altar
- Placing candles on the altar
- Decorating the altar area with indoor plants or floral arrangements
- Caring for indoor plants in the facility
- Assisting with Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, and Pentecost decorating
If you would like to join this ministry, we'd love to have you on our team. Please contact Liturgical Environment at [email protected] or call the parish office for more information.