It is no surprise to many that with the great success of the vaccination efforts throughout the country that there is still a great deal of work to still be done. Many today are struggling with the registration process and availability of appointments. With that being said, we would like to offer eligible parties the opportunity to register and receive the vaccine through the VNA Community Health Center. Currently the eligible population are as follows:
- Frontline health care workers: Anyone working or volunteering in health care who has the potential for direct or indirect exposure to a COVID patient. More details about who that includes can be found on the state's website.
- Residents and staff at long-term care facilities
- First responders
- People over 65
- Those under 65 with underlying medical conditions, which include: cancer, heart conditions, chronic kidney disease, smoking, obesity, Type 2 diabetes, down syndrome, sickle cell disease
As of March 15, 2021 the eligibility for vaccines will add to include:
- Child care workers in licensed and registered settings
- Motor Vehicle Commission workers
- NJ Transit workers and other transportation workers
- Public and local transportation workers, including bus, taxi, rideshare and airport employees
- All public safety personnel who have not already been made eligible such as child protective service workers and probation officers.
- Members of tribal communities
- Migrant farmworkers
- People who are homeless and people living in homeless shelters or domestic violence shelters
If you fit into an eligible group and would like to register and receive the COVID vaccine, please call the parish office at 732.493.4411 and leave a message with your full name, mobile phone number, and email address. The deadline for us to work with the VNA is March 16. So please call ASAP.