On this page you will find information about wedding music at our parish. If you are preparing for a wedding please take some time to review the guidelines and listen to the music suggestions. A few months prior to the wedding we will set up a meeting to go over music selections and musicians that you would like. Please use the contact link on the top of this page and send a message to Michael Zorner to set up a meeting. You may also call the parish office. Here are a few guidelines to be familiar with when planning your wedding music.
Wedding Music Guidelines
1. Sacred music is an expression of the church's prayer and praise to God for this wonderful occasion. For this reason the music used at the ceremony or mass must be sacred in nature and liturgically appropriate.
2. Trained parish musicians are used at all weddings. Our musicians have done many weddings and are very familiar with the music and procedures. The minimum requirement is to have a cantor (singer) and a pianist/organist. Other instruments are available and include: strings (violin, viola, cello), flute/oboe, trumpet, guitar and drums. If you wish to have additional instruments please let us know as soon as possible as their schedules tend to book up quickly. Having non-parish musicians at your wedding will require the approval of the music director and pastor. Please do not sign any contracts with other musicians prior to getting this approval. If approved, additional fees may apply.
3. While the lists below have many song suggestions, there are other hymns and songs that may be appropriate that are not included on the list. If there is a specific song or hymn that you are looking for please let us know. While we may have the printed music available, if a song that is not listed below is approved we may need to order the music. You would be responsible for music and shipping costs.
4. We will provide programs for your wedding that include all of the music, prayers, responses and readings as well as names of those in the wedding party, family members, etc. Our copier at the church can only print in black and white. Many couples like to have a color cover and will print them on their own. We can work with you to make sure the cover is the correct size and will format the worship aids with your color cover. If you are printing your own programs we can send you the information that would need to be included to allow your guests to participate in the ceremony.
5. If you plan on recording your ceremony we will work with you to obtain the proper copyright licensing. Many songs are under copyright and require a license to make an audio recording.
Music Director/Organist/Pianist - $200 (includes meeting and preparing programs)
Cantor - $150
Additional Instruments (optional) - $150 per person
Rehearsal Fee (if an outside musician or singer is approved) - $50 per hour
Bench Fee (if all outside musicians are approved) - $200 (includes meeting, preparing programs and having a parish musician at the wedding to oversee sound and music equipment)
Music Fee (if we need to order a song that is not on the list below) - $ cost of music and shipping
Below are many song suggestions that are linked to a recording. Most links will take you to a song on Spotify however a few will take you to other sites (such as YouTube). On the bottom of this page is a Spotify playlist that contains most of the music on this page. You can play the songs in your web browser or download the free app by clicking here
Prelude Music - these are played/sung as the guests are being seated. You can select specific songs, or we will choose a variety to play/sing.
Seating of Mothers/Grandmothers
Ave Maria (Bolduc)
Ave Maria (Schubert)
Processional Songs - The are used as the bridal party and/or bride are processing down the aisle at the beginning of the wedding. They can also be used for the prelude.
Wedding March (Wagner)
Gloria (mass only)
Mass of a Joyful Heart (during Lent)
Mass of Restoration (during Lent)
Mass of St. Ann (during Lent)
Presentation of the Gifts (mass only)
Eucharistic Acclamations (mass only)
Communion Songs (mass only)
Taste and See (Angrisano)
Taste and See (Moore)
Ubi Caritas (Hurd)
Ubi Caritas (Rosania)
Wedding March (Mendelssohn)
Click HERE to get the entire Spotify playlist.