The Liturgy Committee is responsible for coordinating all liturgical worship through the various ministries described below:
- Ministers of Hospitality: The Ministers of Hospitality welcome the assembly to worship, attend to a comfortable and neat environment, present song booklets to the people as they arrive, arrange for the presenters of the gifts, take up special collections, guide the congregation to communion and distribute the weekly bulletin.
- Ministers of the Indoor Environment: These ministers care for plants and flowers in the worship area, arrange seating, prepare altar displays, assist with liturgical art and help with machine sewing when necessary. They decorate the worship area and chapel for all liturgical holidays.
- Ministers of the Word (Lectors): They proclaim the Word of God from the Sacred Scriptures during the Liturgy after careful and prayerful preparation at home.
- Ministers of Music: As leaders of song, instrumentalists or choir/folk group members, they enable the rest of the community to lift up their voices and hearts in prayer.
- Ministers of the Bread and Cup: Eucharistic Ministers assist in the distribution of the Eucharist at parish worship.
- Ministers of the Sacristy: These ministers launder altar linens and keep the sacristy and worship areas in order.
- Mass Servers: The Mass Servers set the Eucharistic table, tend to other details of the Eucharist and may assist at weddings and funerals. Young people from grades five and up are invited to be trained to assist as Mass Servers. If interested, please see our pastor.
- Christopher Ministers: Christopher Ministers bring the Eucharist to parishioners who reside in a nursing home or who are unable to leave their homes to join the community for worship. To arrange for visits, please call the parish office at 732-493-4411.
If you are interested in volunteering or participating in any of these roles, please contact the committee chair at [email protected].